Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library! Our programs, tours, and events could not occur without the help and support of our wonderful volunteers. We have volunteer opportunities available for every event and every hour we are open to the public. Volunteers at the Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library get a chance to educate and interact with the public on a daily basis, all while increasing their own knowledge of Ireland’s history, literature, and culture. By becoming a volunteer you help the Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library deliver the experience, services, and classes that create a lasting legacy.
In order to provide an excellent level of service, we have updated our volunteer requirements and training. Now more than ever, it is important that our volunteers understand their role in the organization and what is expected of them:
- All prospective volunteers must review the below PowerPoint which gives an overview of our organization and detailed information on expectations
- Once reviewed, participants must pass a certification quiz with at least an 85% accuracy in order to be accepted into the Irish Cultural and Learning Foundation (ICLF) Volunteer Program
- Volunteers who wish to docent (provide tours) will receive on-site training. An ICLF member of staff or certified trainer will sign off on docent training, which will enable this docent to perform tours without supervision
- Volunteers will be asked to sign up for a consistent time in order to schedule tour appropriately. There will be a three-strike system should the volunteer not show up for their designated time.
- All volunteers will be expected to wear a branded polo (must be purchased by volunteer at a discounted price)
- Library volunteers may have a different set of requirements/training as dictated by McClelland Library staff. They, too, will be expected to wear an ICLF branded polo
Event volunteers will receive info prior to the event, and must register in advance of the event (no walk-ups volunteers will be allowed).
Visitor Center Volunteers
The Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library need enthusiastic volunteers willing to staff our visitor center during the hours we are open to the public. Previous experience is not required, we will provide all training.
Duties include providing information regarding the Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library, answering phones, and performing some light administrative work.
Please email email@example.com if interested.
Are you only available to volunteer for special events? Special Event Volunteers help us set up, direct visitors, handle admissions, assist with programming, and a whole lot more! Sign up today, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library need enthusiastic volunteers willing to provide our visitors with informative tours of the center and library as well as volunteers to help the public in our library. Previous experience is not required, we will provide all training.
The Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library are open in September through May on Tuesday through Saturday and in June and July on Wednesdays & Thursdays only. We are closed in the month of August and during the Christmas holidays (time TBD).
Duties can include leading tours, providing information regarding the Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library, answering phones, and performing some light administrative work.