The McClelland Library provides research assistance for locating Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors, along with resources for exploring Irish culture and heritage. Library and Irish Cultural Center members have unlimited access to library materials and subscription online resources. Research options at the library include self-service, individual research assistance, and professional consultations.
Appointments are strongly recommended for research assistance.
Appointments - Virtual & In Person
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the McClelland Library will now be offering a limited number of virtual appointments even though we are now open. You can request a Virtual or In Person appointment by following the link and filling out the request form.
Daily Use of Genealogy Centre
Make an appointment at 602-864-2353 or email@example.com
Regular Hours: September - Memorial Day:
Tues., Wed., Thur., Sat. 10AM - 3PM
Fri. 3PM - 8PM
Summer Hours: Memorial Day - Labor Day:
Thurs. 3PM - 8PM
Fri. 3PM - 8PM
Closed in August and Holidays
The Frances H. McClelland Genealogy Centre offers:
On-site Research Assistance
Research sessions are included in the Daily Use Fee.
Classes Presented by our Genealogy Research Team
Guided Tours and Group Research
Guest Speakers from our Genealogy Research Team
Items to Bring to Research at the Genealogy Centre or for a Consultation Appointment
- Family Tree or Pedigree Chart
- Family group sheets for individuals in your family tree
- Flash drive to save new information electronically
- Copies of documents or electronic data for your family that may provide clues about their origins. Examples might include family letters, naturalization papers, or birth, marriage and death certificates.
- Consultation Form for appointments
For useful charts and forms, visit the “Genealogy Forms & Guides” page.