The McClelland Library Printed Genealogy Collection
Presented by Miles Davenport on Zoom at 11am
This workshop will provide information for efficiently using the McClelland Library Genealogy printed collection in your Irish family research.
Level I: Introductory, topics include:
• Why you will not find Online all you need to develop a comprehensive Family History
• The current status of Genealogical Record Digitization
• The McClelland Library Genealogy Collection, what is available and how to locate and utilize it’s reference materials
• Print resources frequently used in finding ancestral places of origin and jurisdictional details
• Examples where printed resources revealed additional details or helped to overcome roadblocks
Miles Davenport has over 19 years of genealogy research experience. In 2010, he published his own colonial family history spanning over ten generations. He has contributed to the New York Genealogical & Biographical Society’s quarterly, The Record. Miles taught advanced genealogical courses at the Scottsdale Public and McClelland Libraries and is currently volunteering as a genealogist at the McClelland Irish Library.