Basics of Irish-American Research
The 6 week “Genealogy Research Basics” class will cover:
- Basic techniques of genealogy research
- Learn how to trace your Celtic ancestors starting in U.S. records
- Locate various types of records from U.S. Census records to naturalization records, land records to church records
- Traditional and online research methods, including new technology
- Organizing your findings and presenting your completed research
Not Currently Scheduled
Robert Wilbanks is a professional genealogist, historian, and instructor, who has been practicing genealogy for over 35 years. He has a BA in History from ASU and has attended the Samford Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research.
Frequently Asked Questions
What materials do I need for this class?
You do not need any specific materials. Make sure to bring whatever device (paper or electronic) you prefer to take notes on. Wireless Internet access is available during the class.
Where is the class held?
The Norton Room is located in the basement of the McClelland Library
How much does the course cost?
Each workshop costs $15 for Library/ICC members and $20 for the general public
How do I register?
Please click on the “Register Now” button at the top of this page.
What if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions, please call the Genealogy Centre at 602.864.2353 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our genealogy workshop offerings.