Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library
Creative Art Showcase
Final Entry Date Extended to Saturday September 12th.
The Irish Cultural Center and McClelland Library wish to harness the creative passions and talents of our youth. During these times of uncertainty, we want young people in our community to let their creative juices flow and spread light and positivity into the world. Art can help children explore their emotions, develop self-awareness, cope with stress, boost self-esteem, and explore new areas of creativity.
This showcase is available for those under 25 years old living in Arizona and is categorized by age group.
All mediums will be accepted. Art can be created from crayon, coloring pencil, paint, markers, lollipop sticks, paper mache, chalk, clay, etc. No photography, please. Complete list of rules below.
Take a high-quality photo of all finished products and send them, your name, your age, and your city to email@example.com. We will notify you if your piece is selected.
Please keep all creations as there will be a final showcase date later this year. More details to follow.
Final entry date will be Saturday September 12th.
Rules and regulations
Categories and Rules
5 and under – Click this link to go to a folder with a variety of images to choose from. Pick 1, download, print and create a masterpiece!
6-10 year olds – My Family. Examples include family portraits, family trees, best friends, favorite memories, etc.
11-15 year olds – Irish Legends. Examples include scenes from an Irish story, characters from an Irish fairytale, Irish folklore and myths, etc
16-25 year olds – Irish landmarks. Examples include notable Irish locations (Blarney Castle, The GPO, The Cliffs of Moher), Irish countrysides, Irish experiences, etc.
Ways to enter:
Create your art and snap a high quality photo. Send that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep your original piece for a chance to be featured in a final showcase in 2020.
Art Showcase Promotion Details:
- No purchase necessary
- One entry per person
- Open to residents or those living in Arizona, only
- By submitting a photo of your art, you agree to be contacted by the Irish Cultural and Learning Foundation and agree that the art is original and legally able to be shared
- Artists and parents of artists submitting photo must have taken the photo or have permission to submit
- Artists under 18 must have parental permission to enter
- Favorite pieces will be featured in a final showcase in 2020
- Submissions will be accepted from 12:01 am PST on March 26 to 11:59 pm PST on May 24.