Coleen Van Slyke
Individual lessons for 10 week term
25 Min. Lessons: Members $20 per lesson, Non-Members $22 per lesson.
50 Min. Lessons: Members $40 per lesson, Non-Members $44 per lesson.
Celtic Vocal Performance for children and adults
Learn to sing protectively! Solos, duos, performance opportunities for all. Any genre, but focus is on Irish/Celtic repertoire. Age 15 and older.
- Basic anatomy & physiology of the vocal mechanism
- Posture, breathing, support
- Warming Up – Vocalizing
- Tone production
- Support and stamina
- Relaxation and techniques to control “stage fright”
- Basic Repertoire – how to evaluate whether a particular song is suitable
- Performance. Poise, musicianship and showmanship
Private Celtic Vocal Performance Lessons are available by appointment Wednesday and Thursday afternoons/evenings with Instructor Coleen Van Slyke.