Coleen Van Slyke
Choral Arts for children and adults
Ever wanted to sing in a choir? Maybe a little intimidated? No problem!
We’ll help you:
- Learn basic musical notation
- Learn the basics of singing with a clear, free tone
- How to find your part in choral music
- How to sing your part when other sections are singing theirs.
- Basic showmanship
- Auditioning for a choral ensemble
- Posture and poise
- Soloist etiquette; Chorister etiquette
- How to follow a conductor
At the end of the quarter, students will have an opportunity to participate in a Celtica! Chorale rehearsal and may be invited to become a member of the choir, upon approval. Age 13 and older.
Call 602.864.2357 to register by phone.